Moin Moin & Ahoi! Leaving home and working from a new city might be a challenge many teams starting a new business have to face. When opportunity calls you should consider relocation. To your luck, the opportunity we offer as NMA to media startups to come to the hanseatic city is pretty amazing because let’s be honest, not all the cities are that attractive at a very first sight. Did you know that Hamburg has been many times selected as one of the best cities to live (globally!) ? Having said that I hope I made it clear: pack your suitcase and join us in Hamburg!
Our city has lots more to offer than just a nice panoramic view to the harbor and the party neighborhood in Reeperbahn. You can find in the lines below five out of thousand reasons why you will love your experience with us in Hamburg:
We are the media capital of Germany
- Hamburg is home of big industry leaders such as Facebook, Twitter and Google. You will feel like a fish in water.
- No other German city records such a high number of relevant and profitable branches of the media industry as Hamburg. Hamburg is a media city with a great tradition: leading political magazines, tabloid newspapers, weekly magazines and Germany’s leading television news were all created in Hamburg. Yet the city continues to excel not only in the realms of journalism, but also in the spheres of music and film, as well as the advertising and PR industries >> ( Read more @ nextmediaHamburg website)
Posh, alternative & multiculti
- Can’t decide between shabby or chic? Hamburg has it all!
- Enjoy a bottle of ice-coldAstrabeer in multicultural Schanzeor take a stroll around the beautiful Alster lake.
Helpful, open and just amazing startup community
- Berlin might be still the startup capital in Germany but Hamburg can offer a grown-up community for creative minds, artists, musicians or game designers.
- Questions about the startup community in Hamburg? Reading this will help you making up your mind!
Homesick? What’s that?
- The city offers a wide range of activities that you can’t miss, from ice-skating and christmas markets in winter to Open Airs and music festivals in summer. Anyway, you rather concentrate in your business 🙂
- A taste of traditional Hamburg? Try a traditional fish bread roll at bridge number 10, explore the old Elbe Tunnel by bike or take the ferry 62 from Landungsbruecken to Hamburg’s beach side.
Network & Cowering
- Expand your network by attending different events at coworking spaces in Hamburg. There are many taking place at Betahaus and Mindspace. Check them out!
- We organize hackathons with media partners – Attend one of them and meet likeminded peers!
- Our next big project is a media match event coming up in March 2017. We will be bringing together 50 international media startups, investors and media executives (get in touch for more info)!
If you want to benefit from a fast-growing and pioneering startup scene in our beautiful city prepare your application to join us for batch 4 >> Applications open on November 15th 2016!